Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Recipe of the Month - Magnolia House Chicken

Hey everyone. Today I'm going to be sharing a recipe my mother gave to me several years back. Now, I do make alterations to the recipe for my household's personal taste but I'm going to be giving the BASIC recipe so everyone can adjust as they see fit. The basic recipe itself is very good but again...we like adding our own personal choices. I hope you enjoy!

Magnolia House Chicken
Boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
2 TBSP  Butter
1/2 TSP Salt
8 oz. Sliced Mushrooms
2 TBSP Lemon Juice
1/3 Cup Chicken Broth
1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
1 Cup Shredded, Swiss Cheese
  1. Marinate your mushrooms (if your mushrooms are canned, drain all the juice) in lemon juice.
  2. Meanwhile, saute breasts in butter and salt for 5 minutes.
  3. Add chicken broth to the cooking breasts.
  4. Simmer until chicken is fully cooked.
  5. Remove chicken and cover to keep warm.
  6. Add mushrooms and lemon juice to pan and saute for about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
  7. Add cream to mushroom/lemon juice mixture.
  8. Boil on medium heat until sauce becomes well blended and creamy.
  9. Return chicken to mixture.
  10. Simmer until chicken is heated then sprinkle the dish with swiss cheese.

Because of the flavor of this dish, many sides pair well with it. I've ranged from garlic-parsley potatoes to buttered asparagus. When you're done- your dish should look like something like this...(and please excuse the terrible lighting!)

Magnolia House Chicken with buttered aspargus, garlic-parsley homemade potatoes, and fresh fruit.

This dish is pretty easy to make. I made it to the recipe the first time and found it very good but I prefer more lemon and mushroom flavors. I also use chicken breast tenders instead of whole chicken breasts, which I slice or into 'chunks'. Which allows for more creamy, mushroomy, lemony goodness.
                              

No comments:

Post a Comment